EGG BAKE - with ham
and hash browns
Sara first served this at the 2006 Williams Family
gathering in Annandale.
It came originally from her Betty Crocker Cookbook.
- 6 cups frozen (not thawed, not seasoned) hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups diced fully cooked smoked ham
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or other)
- 1 bell pepper (green or red) diced
- 1 jar mushrooms (4 1/2 oz) or fresh mushrooms
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup small curd, creamed cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease 9x13 baking dish.
Saut diced bell pepper (and mushrooms if fresh).
Sprinkle 3 cups potatoes evenly in baking dish.
Layer with ham, shredded cheese, peppers and mushrooms.
Sprinkle remaining potatoes.
Beat eggs, milk, cottage cheese and pepper.
Pour egg mixture over potatoes.
Bake uncovered 45-50 min.